Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cloud [Chapter 7]

I stood before Alcea’s fountain, waiting for the lecture which would question my sanity and loyalty. It would’ve most likely ended with a threat on my life and etcetera, as usual. He glared at me with a look that expressed his disgusted outrage perfectly. “Do you understand anything?”

I understand that I could rip your head off in less than three seconds, human.

“You tried to drown Light in soup. In soup!” He stood up and ranted on, “I should have you roasted with hellfire, you ungrateful-”

This boring and ineffective lecture was interrupted by the female. She slammed the doors open, marched in like she owned the world, and stopped directly in front of Alcea. She did this all in a white wedding dress with a three meter long bridal train.

I let out a low whistle, “Looking good, demoness. Woke up on the wrong side of the cage?”

Both of the humans turned to snarl at me.

“You. Leave.” Alcea growled.

The girl swung to face him, “No, he stays.”

The two of them stared at each other like two cats about to pounce. Alcea was the one who looked away first. He gave a defeated sigh, “Why are you here?”

The female gave an irritated snort. “I want to know why my wardrobe is made of wedding dresses.”

“I wanted you to choose which one you liked the best!”

The girl turned to me, “Where are my clothes?”

Alcea being frustrated with me does seem like a better option than being disfigured by the both of them…. “Storage. Get Dina to take you there.”

The girl stomped out of the room without even thanking me. I started to follow her to vent my frustration of her with another bowl of soup but Alcea stopped me. “I have a task for you.”

“Really? A mission? Oh goodie! Do I get to baby-sit more humans?” I asked with mock enthusiasm.

Alcea lowered his voice so I could scarcely hear him, “I need you to eliminate a target, and visit a friend of mine.”

Typical human, he’s still paranoid that someone might overhear us.

“Yeah, whatever.”

Alcea stared at me with his usual frown, “This is important Eranos, and I can’t have you fail this as well.”

I narrowed my eyes and matched his frown, “The only reason I ‘failed’ making your wife all happy is because I’m a fighter, not a nanny.”

“You’re a familiar, you are what I say you are. If I say that you’re a ‘nanny’ then that is what you are.”

Oh, just wait until I get free of your bindings, I’ll show you the true meaning of hellfire.

“You will do as I command, Eranos.” Alcea stated.

“For now.” And not for long.


*******

Big thank you to my friend who edits all me work for me~ I don't know what I would've done without you <3 And also to you readers for being so patient with me, I love you guys.

4 comments:

  1. I know ur friend...the one who edits ur work :P
    didn't figure out who I am yet?
    teeheehee....i feel so EVIL!!!:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. considering you called yourself evil... I must rule out hang-man child... so it must be.... HAIR GUY!

      Delete
  2. Lol hang-man child feels much appreciated for the new nickname.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OF COURSE YOU DO. >8D WHY WOULDN'T YOU. >:3

      Delete