Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cloud {prologue}

I looked around and smiled.

I was standing in a battlefield, bodied littered the ground. Blood had flowed until the whole town looked like it was built on an ocean of the stuff.

My smile just grew a tiny bit bigger as I thought about how the humans thought they were any different from any other animals on this planet when they were just so easy to kill.

“Eranos, you know you didn’t have to kill all of them?” asked a tiny voice coming from behind me.

I turned to face my current master and almost sneered at the sight. At the age of sixteen he had the look of a twelve year old with scrawny arms and legs. His mud-brown hair came to cover most of his square glasses that looked two sized too big for his face. It made me want to puke that I had to follow the orders from this human.

But I had been enslaved for now so I have to smile and put up with it no matter how weak my ‘master’ was. “Yes, master, I did indeed know. But these filthy ants were trying to kill you. I merely got rid of those who were threatening your safety.”

“Ah, y-ye-”

I turned around quick enough to see that my ex-master’s words were cut short by a bullet that was lodged inside his heart.

The bullet had come from a hand gun that was wielded by a girl around the age of ten. Her fiery red hair was whipped about by the wind into her face. She stared at me with green eyes that were the shade of leaves that were penetrated by the sun, and at this moment they seemed to be saying ‘I’ll kill you’.

I grinned at her, waved and laughed, “I dare you to try.”

I heard her outraged cry and the gun being shot in my general direction. But it was too late for her to do anything now. For my body had already been engulfed by a black flame, the transfer fire. I wasn’t going to stay in this disgusting place as long as I could help it after all.

I should really find a place to live that’s not close to humans, they reek.

So she did manage to kill him after all. Good girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment