Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cloud [chapt 4]

I stormed into Alcea’s flowery garden. His plans for her were supposed to remain a secret until he had gained her trust and, with a bit of hypnoses, love. The girl had been more frustrating than I expected.

If given any choice on the matter I would’ve left little Alcy to figure out what I let slip on his own. But I had no choice on this matter, as usual. My orders were to report to Alcea how well his female was adjusting and to give a detailed report of our ‘pleasant’ meeting. Lying was out of the option as well, Alcea had made it very clear that we were forbidden to lie. Zai had been a very good example for the rest of us after all.

I found my master staring into his fountain ‘of the future and past’. It was made of glowing red marble carved in a form of a young girl holding a dead child. The girl was staring up at the sky with a look of despair. Instead of water running down her eyes as one might expect, liquid gold was in its place.

Alcea spoke without turning, “I told you to knock before entering.”

Typical master, of course ‘you must disapprove of your lesser before speaking to them’ seemed to be the general rule for all these humans. “I forgot.”

Alcea turned to grab my shirt collar. He lifted me a few centimeters off the ground so we were at eye level. “Are my orders so trivial to you that it’s easy to ‘forget’ them every time?”

“No.” I managed to croak.

He released me with a look of disdain on his face. “How is Light? Is she taking all of this in well?”

It took me a few seconds to realize who Light was, and that I forgot to bring her dinner. Alcea’s question left me two choices… should I tell him now and die painlessly now, or lie and die a painful death later?

“She’s awake and healthy.” After all, if she could try to crack my skull open then I suppose she’s fine, I thought grimly.

Alcea eyed me with distrust, I couldn’t blame him though.

“Eranos, what did you tell her.”

“Nothing important… just a few sharp words here and there, maybe a slip and a fall, but nothing really serious.”

Alcea now lowered his voice into a deep snarl, “What did you say?”

I cleared my throat, “I told her nothing really important. Maybe I gave a tiny hint that you had some affection for her- but it was only a hint!”

Alcea turned back to his fountain with a sigh of resignation, “I knew I shouldn’t have trusted you with anything that important.”

“Hey! Give me some credit here! It’s not easy talking to a-”

“SILENCE! You are being reassigned to guard duty. Tell Dina that she’s to replace you as Light’s caretaker.”

“But guarding people isn’t fun….”

“You’ll realize that defying me isn’t ‘fun’ either.”

“Fine.”


****************************************************************

Sorry for the late upload! Too much homework and places to go. T.T I'll try to upload faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment