Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cloud [Chapter 9]

Light blinked as a salty gust of wind hit her face.

What…?

Light sucked in a breath as her eyes widened; in front of her stood Nixa.

“Nixa?” Light gasped.

Nixa wore a pink dress with a white sunhat. She was staring out into the ocean. The sun made her bronze skin seem to glow.

“Be careful, Lye.” Nixa smiled softly.

Light reached for her, “Wait!”

Mist rolled in from the ocean, it surrounded Nixa, engulfing her.

“No! Nixa!” Light ran towards the mist, but it was in vain.

She woke up.

*********************************************

The screaming wouldn’t stop.

‘Don’t leave! Please, don’t leave me….’

Again, and again.

Why won’t you leave me alone?

I yelled at the ceiling, “Why? Why can’t you leave?”

“Stop.”

He’s back.

I couldn’t speak.

I couldn’t breath.

“Do you know who I am?”

I knew.

“Alcea.”

Tears blurred my vision. I gasped.

“Do you know why you’re here?”

My wrists hurt. The manacles are digging into them.

“I helped the girl escape.”

“Why?”

Why.

I laughed.

He struck my face.

I tasted copper.

“Answer.” He snarled.

“Because it amuses me.”

He punched the wall next to my ear.

The wall shattered.

I smiled, “You can’t kill me.”

He pulled out a blade and held it at my throat.

The blood was warm.

“Where is she?”

I tilted my head, “I wonder….”

The knife dug deeper.

Black spots crowded my vision.

“Answer!”

His eyes are red.

He’s been crying.

I closed my eyes.

“I don’t know.”

I’m sorry.



***********

Ok! To keep you guys from being confused; the first part before the long star division is Light's point of view and the second part is Eran's point of view. Sorry for the late update~ a really big part of the story is coming up and so are my exams  =.=" so I probably won't be posting often. *^*

No comments:

Post a Comment