Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cloud [chapter 8 part 3]


Eran scowled at the hat-man, “You didn’t die.”



A gap appeared near the center of the hat as a pair of greenish orb-eyes appeared above the gap. A pink tongue stuck out of the gap, “No reeeeeeally, I hadn’t noticed.”


Eran grinned, “Good. So you won’t miss your life when I kill you. Excellent.”


The hat smiled back, revealing yellow teeth, “What makes you think that you won’t fail at that again?”


“He isn’t going to fail,” Alcea’s low voice rumbled, “because I’m forbidding him from fighting you. I’ll get someone competent for that.”


Eran sneered at Alcea, “Competent? Bloody rivers of hell, look at him! Any other pets you could’ve summoned up wouldn’t have been able to touch a hair on his head! And I-”


“SHUT UP!”


“You ungrateful human! You-”


Light tuned out the rest of the conversation. She looked at the hat-man who was juggling his eyes. The hat turned to her and one of the eyes in his hands winked at her. The gap in the hat mouthed ‘go’.


Light froze. Go where, and why?


The hat-man pointed at a door behind her. Light frowned; it wasn’t there before.


Who could she trust… a stranger who wanted to marry her? Or a stranger without his head?


 Whatever, my enemy’s enemy is my friend.


Eran was definitely her enemy.


Light glanced back at Eran and Alcea. They were still bickering with each other. Light stared at the door.


She turned the knob slowly and walked on.


The hat smiled.
***************
Yes! Chapter 8 is finished! And I finally got past my laziness an posted this. <.< Ok, who else finds this hat creepy? Who saw this coming? I certainly did.

No comments:

Post a Comment